23.2.13

Alone In The Dark



There is a difference between pointing the light
and being the light.
Fear separates the two.
Slices them straight down the middle.

For so long I have held a beacon,

shone it as far as it would reach,
encouraging weary travelers
through dark nights of the soul.

Never moving too far ahead

Always within earshot,
assuring a shared journey.
Acting brave, walking ahead...but just so far.

I thought that this was love.

But this was fear, disguised yet again.
Hiding itself from me in cloaks of thoughts
and notions about love.

Handing off the lantern, I sit down.

Alone in the cool damp grass of my life.
The path I once chose disappears into the night,
and with it any thought of or about love.

All alone in the darkness, stillness rises,

and with it, the awareness that I am.

There is a difference between pointing the light

and being the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment